Australian Fundraising Magazine
Fundraising ideas, tips and strategies for Australia's school and club fundraising volunteers
Welcome to the first edition of the Australian Fundraising Magazine - brought back to life after 7 years!
Please tell everybody you know about this resource available FREE to Australia's schools and clubs. We will deliver a new issue to your in-box every term, to keep you up to date with the latest and greatest in Fundraising.
If you have a topic you would like covered, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you click on the article below, you will be magicked straight there
The Australian Fundraising eMagazine is proudly brought to you by the Fundraising Directory.
ABN 98 118 909 069 PO BOX 1516, Coorparoo DC Q 4151 1300 653 305
Introducing the Grassroots Fundraising Strategy Map
IN THE CORPORATE WORLD, strategic planning is an organisation’s way of defining its strategy or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue that strategy.
For some unfathomable reason, strategic planning is rarely a priority in community-based fundraising. Perhaps the idea just smacks of big business too much: perhaps committees see it as a waste of time when they have so much to do and so little time to do it in. Perhaps volunteers feel they do not have the necessary skills.
The Grassroots Fundraising Strategy Map is explored in detail in the Practical Fundraising Handbook. You can find information about purchasing the book here.
I’m here to tell you, it can be done! I am so convinced about the difference strategic planning makes to fundraising outcomes, I have developed an intuitive planning tool to make it more straightforward: the Grassroots Fundraising Strategy MapTM.
Before revealing the Grassroots Fundraising Strategy Map, let me summarise why - ultimately -
this is worth your time:
• Setting goals and priorities provides a focus that will bring out the best in your volunteers and supporters.
• It assists in the selection of fundraising options and
• Having clarity around your message and purpose improves outcomes for the recruitment and engagement of volunteers and supporters, leading to improved fundraising revenue.
Now let me introduce you to the Grassroots Fundraising Strategy Map.
Maps get you to destinations. My Grassroots Fundraising Strategy Map is no different.
Every block represents a logical next step in your ‘big picture’ planning. It’s a visual reminder of:
• why you are doing what you are doing – your purpose and goals
• how you are going to achieve it
• who is going to help you get there
• what actions you will need to achieve your goal
• what specific resources need to be made available.